Macro Man: QE 2 Much
TMM make no secret of the fact that they struggle with the current love-athon in bond markets which rests on the idea that rates will be held low until the year 3000 along with FOMC LLC's asset allocation switch out of paper & ink and into USTs. The price action across assets and, in particular,
The Fiat Currencies Are Headed Into Crisis
It’s important to recognize what’s actually going on with the price of gold, which has broken into new record territory again today – to $1,331 as I write. It is not that there has been a change in gold’s fundamentals, because there hasn’t. To recap those
FT.com / Companies / Banks - NY Fed Takes $180m Hit On Hilton...
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York has suffered a loss of about $180m on a debt restructuring that staved off financial problems at Hilton, the hotel group owned by Blackstone, the buy-out fund.The Fed’s decision to agree to a lossmaking sale of about $320m of its Hilton debt to Blackstone
Foreclosure Halt May Shift Bondholder Pain
For mortgage investors, the recent suspension of foreclosures could potentially cause further losses in the already-battered $2.8 trillion market for residential mortgage-backed securities. In the past two weeks, three major loan-servicing companies put thousands of foreclosure sales and evictions
Female Smartphone Use On The Rise
In August 2010, males accounted for 56% of smartphone subscribers who used downloaded applications or browsers. Females, however, are narrowing the gap with the remaining 44%, representing a 14.3% increase compared to 38.5% in the corresponding August 2009 period.
Smartphone Use Continues To Explode
In August, 75.6 million mobile subscribers ages 13 and older used downloaded applications, with Smartphone users representing 60.4 percent, up from 43.6 percent in August 2009. For the same period, 80.8 million mobile subscribers used their browser, with Smartphone subscribers comprising 55.5%
YouTube - Sugar: The Bitter Truth
1.5 hrs video well worth the time investment. Explains why metabolically alcohol=sucrose/fructose/HFC vs. glucose, and how a 8 of 12 alcoholism-related diseases can come from sugar/HSFC consumption.
How China May Have Overplayed Its Hand - Newsweek
Over the past two weeks, all of Asia watched with alarm as China forced Japan to back down in a maritime dispute by downgrading diplomatic ties, and tolerating if not encouraging public street protest against Tokyo as well as halting shipments of critical industrial metals to Japan. The face-off
Super-rich Investors Buy Gold By Ton| Reuters
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.GENEVA (Reuters) - The world's wealthiest people have responded to economic worries by buying gold by the bar -- and sometimes by the ton -- and
SLV POSSIBLE HALFWAY GAP
Today's action shows a gap and the BO above the top rail of the rising channel. This gap could be a halfway measuring gap that comes in the middle of an impulse leg up. These type of gaps show up in a fast moving stocks or indexes. Check all your silver stocks to see if they have a similar pattern.
Iowa Corn & Soybean Harvest Levels
Iowa Corn Is 19% Harvested, Soybeans 38% HarvestedLivestock Producers Urged to Be Safe When Pumping Manure From PitsRest of today: Sunny. High in the upper 60s. South wind 10 to 15 mph.Tonight: Clear. Low in the upper 40s. South wind 5 to 10 mph.Wednesday: Sunny. High in the mid 70s. Southwest wind
Search for content by ticker or company name